What is Legacy?
Legacy is the life you’ve lived. All those burning questions answered. For example, what was your grandmother like when she was your age–or your daughter’s age? What were her favorite books? What did she make for dinner when there was nothing to eat? And your grandfather— who first taught him to play the games he taught you? What were his passions? Was he always so calm?
What are the memories that still make them shudder with pride or pain, after all of these years? Knitted tightly in the mind, their loosening threads will reveal a space for your memories and the dreams of your children to dwell.
If you want to know more about the older people in your life, or record their stories for your family, I can help–the process is simple:
- I will schedule a visit with your parent/grandparent/relative. As an objective and patient listener, I will ask them about what they are most proud of, memorable life moments, hopes, dreams and passions in life. I will also gather stories and images from you and your family.
- I will photograph them; If you have archival photos from the past you would like to include, we can discuss and include in the story as well.
- Based on our interviews, I will draft a story, which you will have an opportunity to review prior to publishing.
- You will receive a professional quality, hard cover book of digital photos and stories that will be a cherished keepsake for generations.
My process is simple, but the creations that come out of it are intricate and stunning. Just share your stories with me, and I’ll transform your words into high-quality heirlooms.
Legacy package includes:
- 4-6 hour interview with your loved one (in-person or over the phone)
- 1 hour photo session (in person), up to 10 images
- Captioned archival images (online submission), up to 20 images
- Final review and approval
- Text transcription and edits of story
- Interior book design and page layout
- Custom book cover design
- Content confidentiality
- Full color matte hardcover format
- Full color pages with highest quality paper
- Photo retouching
- Customized letter with portrait sent to your loved one thanking them for their participation in the story
- Additional fees for timeline/family tree/recipes/letters turned into graphic, cd of audio interview, cd of the picture file taken by photographer, reprints of additional books, video vs. audio recording, and additional archival photos to be scanned or included beyond the maximum number for submission. All to be discussed and customized to your liking.
Please contact for an appointment:
Sheryl Harari via email: email@example.com